Thursday, December 22, 2011

And finally...gifts for neighbors, bosses, mother in laws, or anyone that like sweets!

My Christmas preparation marathon is finally coming to an end.  It's been a jam packed week, but I'm always one to enjoy spending time cooking and crafting.

Last up in my "gift" series are these tasty clementine macaroons with a creamy citrus filling.


The cookies are basically meringue so they're light and airy with a delicious crisp.  You can find the recipe here, and some cute labels for packaging them here.

The cookies are very sweet but light enough that they're not cloying or overpowering.  The acid from the citrus also helps mellow the sweetness factor.

They're gluten free, so they're a great dessert for people who cannot eat gluten and may inadvertently be left out of Christmas desserts.


I hope my gift ideas have given you some sort of inspiration for last minute holiday planning.  I have my holiday party at work today... Hello Charlie Palmer!...and then it's off to the Lake and Houston for our various Christmases.  

Whatever holiday you're celebrating, I hope it's filled with happiness and joy.
And from my little family to yours:

Merry Christmas!

Happy Hanukah!

Happy Kwanzaa!

Happy Festivus!


No comments:

Post a Comment