Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cook Something: Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread

It's 6am and I'm at Starbucks outlining.  With the wrong books.  At the wrong Starbucks.
My study partner's at one Starbucks and I'm at a different one.  Why are there 3 Starbucks in a one mile radius?

Finals are here.

Please excuse me while I freak the eff out.

Every semester I feel like I'll never be able to cram all of that information in my head.  And yet some how I always manage to.  Mostly.

Studying is a good excuse to eat copious amounts of sugary carbs right?  Right.

Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread


This is one of those recipes that looks difficult but in reality is super easy. 

3 cans of biscuits.
3/4 cup white sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of chopped nuts, I use pecans.
1/2 cup melted butter
1 T ground cinnamon

Cut the biscuits into quarters.  Sprinkle half of both sugars in the bottom of a bunt pan.  Pour in half of the melted butter.

Add the remaining sugar and cinnamon to a large gallon sized bag.  Working in batches of 6-8 biscuit quarters, add them to the bag and shake until evenly coated in cinnamon sugar.  Add the coated biscuits to the bunt pan.  Arrange the biscuits in fairly even layers until the pan is mostly filled.  Drizzle with the remaining butter.

Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes until the top is golden.  Allow to cool for around 10 minutes and then flip onto a plate.  The biscuits should be caramelized on the outside and pillowy soft and sweet on the inside.  Eat by simply pulling apart the biscuit quarters.

Hello sugar high.


1 comment:

Shannon Koehler said...

When do you add the nuts?

Post a Comment