Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Sight For Sore Eyes

Well, well, well.
Didn't think I'd ever see you again, old friend.


In case you're wondering, yes, that is my (previously) stolen laptop.  The police called today to tell me that my laptop had resurfaced in a pawn shop located less than 3 miles from my house.  I was ecstatic.  Literally, like bouncing off the wall ecstatic.  That is...until the police officer informed me that I would have to pay the pawn shop to get my computer back.  Pardon my language but WHAT THE EFF?!?!

Apparently, it's common practice to make theft victims repurchase their stolen belongings if they're found at a pawn shop.  To say that I'm appalled and disgusted would be an understatement.  So 1 month, countless phone calls, and $300 later, my laptop is now safe and sound.  Strangely enough, everything was exactly how I'd left it.  A little worse for wear and a lot dirtier than I left it, but otherwise untouched.  They didn't even change my screensaver:

Yep.  Some 45 year old man pawned a computer with the above picture as the screen saver.  Should have been a red flag it was stolen.

We're still down 1 computer and the $300 dollars I had to pay to get it back.  I'd like to think that the tides are changing in our favor.  Fingers crossed I'm correct!

I know that I've been less than stellar lately with my postings.  This computer situation has been such a drain on me.  But now that the Mac is back where it belongs, things should be back to normal.  Thanks for all of the kind and encouraging words!

1 comment:

Abby said...

OK there is something seriously wrong with the world when a theft victim has to buy back her own things! THat would make my blood boil.
BTW, i would LOVE to borrow that book! I can email you my address. THat's so nice of you to offer! My email address is absblog123@gmail.com if you want to send me your email address. The only book I was planning on ready was "Getting to Maybe".

Post a Comment